Biwa: A Japanese Instrument

Bawi: Japanese Instrument


Japan, a country full of endless discoveries such as beautiful places in the country featuring the beauty of their nature and they're a clean and respectful environment whenever travelling or going to public places such as the train and bus. Lastly, we aren't going to forget the food that Japan has, which is sushi and many other unique raw cuisines that the country Japan has.

Biwa is an instrument that is a Japanese short-necked lute. This instrument arrived in Japan from China throughout the Nara period in 710-794. This specific instrument which is the Biwa, it is chosen by the goddess of music, education and poetry, which is Benten. This instrument is often used in narrative storytelling. Biwa was first embraced in China and spread throughout East Asia.

In my perspective, I admire Japanese traditional music or even modern music, especially their "rock" genre since I'm drawn to Japan's animations such as anime. I have learned a lot by watching these, and this instrument reminded me of an anime I watched which included a piece of traditional music, but I am not sure if Biwa was the instrument used. It seems similar, but the music seems so elegant and soothing for me to listen. If I had the chance to use the traditional Japanese instruments, I would go for the Biwa.

Comments

Popular Posts